Holiday Treatings: Festive and Healthy Homemade Dog Treat Recipe
It's that special time of year to indulge in seasonal goodies and whip up recipes to share with those you love—including your furry friend! That's why the November Club Nylabone newsletter asked you to share your most celebrated homemade dog treat recipe perfect for season's treatings.
And the winning recipe is…
"The Veggier, The Merrier" Dog Treats submitted by Amanda Flowers from Columbus, Ohio! Amanda's 3-year-old Maltese, Dinky, can agree that these simple-to-make treats are as delicious as they are nutritious.
Made with vegetables including spinach, carrot, and zucchini, these treats provide your dog nutrients such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, biotin, and calcium. The recipe adds flavorful pumpkin puree for even more vitamins, tasty peanut butter for healthy fat, fiber-rich oats, and eggs for a protein kick.
Here's how to prepare this holiday-themed homemade dog treat recipe for your best friend and make their season merry and bright!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the peanut
- Slowly add the oats and flour. Add an additional ¼ cup flour at a time until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Add the carrot, zucchini, and spinach and mix until completely combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to ¼-inch thickness.
- Using cookie cutters (festive-themed ones, if you have them!), cut the dough into shapes and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Let your holiday dog treats cool completely before giving one to your pup.
Want to give your pup an extra-special holiday season? Explore our Nylabone® holiday chew toys and chew treats for even more seasonal favorites. Happy Howl-idays!